Facebook is by far the largest social network on the planet, with over 500 billion active users it has become the most popular medium to communicate with our friends and family.
Its been a while since facebook chat was launched, after which many users preferred facebook chat for instant communication instead of Skype, Yahoo etc. But there are a few drawbacks of using built in chat like opened tabs take up screen space while chatting, if your are surfing on other tab you have to get back to facebook tab to chat, you have to login to facebook everytime you have to chat, sometimes you dont want a facebook window appear in the taskbar , specially when you are in office. Solution to this is a simple facebook desktop chat application “Socialbox”.
Socialbox is a facebook chat client with a very simple user interface. It is the simplest desktop facebook chat client i have come across. You can chat with your facebook friends with more convenience. It optionally alerts you when you receive a message and also when a friend comes online, goes offline or when a friend goes away, comes back. You can even set your online chat status to away if your are busy.
- Get IM notifications – Get notifications that you can’t miss.
- No browser needed – Chat with Facebook friends from Socialbox.
- See who’s online – See who is online and ready to chat with you.
- Set your status – Set your online status from your desktop.
Download Socialbox to chat with all your Facebook friends from your desktop. Never miss a friend’s IM on Facebook again.
How to remove or change user on Socialbox:
Many users have this query so i am updating the post with the solution.
Change or Remove a user on socialbox:
1. Logout from socialbox of other user. Login to your facebook in browser.
2. Navigate to Accounts > Privacy settings.
3. On “Apps and Websites” click Edit settings.
4. Then you will see a list of Apps you use. Click on socialbox , then click remove app.
5. Now open Socialbox > Click connect with facebook
6. You will see a window. In the botton left corner > Click (Not You)
7. Now in the same window you will be asked for facebook login details.
8. Sign in with your correct account details. Allow Permission to socialbox. Thats it
You can also subscribe to our RSS feed or sign-up for our free newsletter to get Techx64 posts directly in your Inbox.