iOS6 Jailbreak is finally available for iOS devices, since the launch of iPhone 5 users were awaiting for this moment. This time jailbreak for iOS 6 was not released by Greenpoison or Limerain but team evaders by the name of evasion and the iOS6 jailbreak is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad mini running iOS 6.0 to 6.1 .
The jailbreak procedure takes about 3 to 4 minutes and you can use a windows computer, mac or a linux machine to jailbreak your apple device. Download the utility from evasion to your computer first and then follow the instructions below.
Things to do before proceeding with ios6 jailbreak
Before we begin there are a few essential things to check to ensure that you dont loose any data just incase something goes wrong.
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- It is adviced to update the device to ios 6.1 .1 .
- Backup the device using iTunes. Its very important.
- Disable the passcode lock from settings if applied.
- Charge your device to at least 50% battery .
Jailbreaking is simple, after downloading the evasion utility run the application and connect your device to computer. Click the jailbreak button, meanwhile just sit back and relax. When the jailbreak is complete the cydia app icon will show up on the homescreen. Now you need to run the cydia app for the first time after which your device will reboot with a successful iOS6 jailbreak.
iOS 6.1.1 released by apple for iPhone 4S, fixes 3G connectivity & reliability issues. But apple dint fix the jailbreak exploit, so iPhone 4S users can update their device to iOS 6.1.1 and jailbreak with the latest evasion 1.3 tool.
Checkout this post – Top cydia apps to install after jailbreak.
If something goes wrong during jailbreak
I wish it doesn’t come to this but unfortunate things do happen sometimes. You dont have to panic, you can get the device running back again in no time. Here are some troubleshooting tips.
- If the jailbreak progress gets stuck – then you may wait for the evasion utility to automatically reboot the device which takes about 10 minutes or you can close and relaunch the jailbreak utility, then manually reboot the device by holding down power button and home button simultaneously.
- If the device is stuck at apple logo – Again manually reboot the device by holding the power and home button, if still does not work then restore the device from backup with iTunes to its original state and try again.
- Device not recognized by evasion tool – You should have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer, also try changing the usb port.
- Already Jailbroken device cannot update to latest iOS version OTA – First take a backup with iTunes and then perform a restore when asked choose to update and restore. You will loose your jailbreak after update to ios6.