The new iPhone 4s was revealed a few months back after around the world rumour about iPhone 5, the iPhone 4s is a world phone which means it supports both GSM and CDMA networks unlike iPhone 4 which required a different handset to be purchased if you have CDMA carrier. So apple integrated both the GSM and CDMA technologies in one iPhone 4S, which is indeed a smart move by apple.
Apple still believes in the carrier locked phones as it helps the mobile network carriers to retain customers on their network and discourage the spreading of devices across the world. But there is a solution to every problem. Users can unlock iPhone’s using software or hardware (Gevey Sim) methods. Unlocking an iPhone has never been easy there are many obstacles like the iOS version, baseband version etc which prevent you to unlock iPhone and use it on any carrier.
The iPhone 4s is no exception as its comes preloaded with iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1 in the latest apple devices. Jailbreaking iPhone 4s on iOS 5.0.1 is easy but to unlock iPhone 4s you need to make some effort specially when it comes to unlocking an iPhone 4s Sprint locked or the iPhone 4S Verizon locked devices. Today we share with you the most active topic and a guide to unlock iPhone 4S Sprint & Verizon.
How to Unlock iPhone 4s Sprint and Verizon on iOS 5 & 5.0.1
Unlocking an iPhone allows you to use the iPhone on any network in the world. The R-Sim is the key to unlock iPhone 4S CDMA locked. R-Sim is just like the gevey sim, a hardware unlock method which spoofs the iPhone to make it work with any GSM carrier in the world. Over the time many changes were made to these unlocking chips to make it easier for the end user to unlock their iPhone.
iPhone 4S R-Sim unlocking requirements:
- R-SIM II Ultra S for iPhone 4S by – RGKNSE v 3.0 or above
- Jailbreaked iPhone 4S CDMA (Sprint or Verizon)
- iOS Version 5.0 or 5.0.1
- Baseband version 1.0.11, 1.0.13, 1.0.14
Before we proceed to unlock iPhone 4s you need to make sure that you have got the correct R-Sim version. The R-Sim currently is available in three versions
- version 1 is R-sim: Required to dial 112 is marketed as Rebel, gevey.
- version 2 is R-Sim ultra: no need to dial 112, but need to select the correct contry code of each country (may work on some sprint & verizon phones, if works still has signal issues).
- version 3 is R-Sim Ultra S: no need to dial 112, supports all carrier Softbank, AU, Sprint,Verizon, Bell etc, (still need to enter sprint & verizon mnc code manually)
Note that this guide is exclusively to unlock iPhone 4s Sprint (CDMA) and Verizon (CDMA)
Unlock iPhone 4s Sprint (CDMA)
First start with step 4 to 6, if it doesnt work start from step 1.
- Assemble the R-SIM on the Card Frame, then the iPhone SIM card on top. Put them in the iPhone => Turn on iPhone =>Settings => Phone => SIM Applications. Then you will see the message below.
- Assuming your iPhone 4S is already Jailbreak, in cydia add source http://repo.bingner.com.
- Install SAM & SAMPrefs then go to Settings => SAM => Enable: ON (Auto method) =>Hacktivate: On => Your phone will be Hacktivated.
- Go to Settings => Phone => SIM Applications => In edit code create Spint MNC of 316-01 : 0839611000.
- Turn off and on the iPhone back.
- You should see the GSM network signals.
Unlock iPhone 4s Verizon (CDMA)
Follow this detailed guide to unlock iPhone 4S Verizon on iOS 5 & 5.0.1. You will need :- iPhone 4S + R-Sim v3.0 or Rebel Sim + iFunbox for file browser.
Update: If you have R-Sim v 3.23 then you can unlock the iPhone 4s verizon using even easier method:
First start with step 4 , if it doesnt work then follow the procedure from step 1.
Connect your 4S with iFunbox
Go to /var/wireless/Library then delete file carrier_310VZW_20404_11.2.plist
Go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundle/iPhone delete folder Zeppelin_US.bundle and delete your sim card carrier bundle ( ex – my Sim card is Vinaphone so I have to delete folder VinaPhone_vn.bundle )
Go to Settings => Phone => SIM Applications => In edit code enter Verizon MNC : 0829404000
Reboot your iPhone 4s.
Your iPhone shoould be unlocked now and will show signals within 3 minutes.
Be patient while unlocking and read the guide carefuly, hope you will succeed to unlock iPhone 4S. If you have any queries or problems do leave a comment below.